Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Living Through A Historic Day

I can't believe that this day has come finally. It's one of those moments in history that we'll be reminded of again later. Barack Obama is the 44th President of the United States. I watched his swearing in and speech.

It's the first time that I've cared enough to find a TV and watch this type of event. What does that say about me? Usually I pass on all political speeches. I did hear Bush's post-9/11 speech sitting in our rental car on our honeymoon in Hawaii. The juxtaposition of being at one of the most beautiful beaches and listening to the President address the nation made it one of my personal historic moments.

Today is different. It's a NATIONAL historic day. Our President is now someone who will stand against torture. Hopefully he will bring our long and agonizing war in the Middle East to an end. We all pray that he and his administration can pull our nation out of this devastating economic crisis. We have HIGH HOPES for the future. I pray that we see those hopes become reality.

No comments: